Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Altered Guitar

A work in progress:
The guitar was an old beat-up Lyra 3/4 size guitar that was up in my mother's attic for years.
It's pretty unplayable, but that doesn't mean it can't be pretty!
I used cardstock, velum, found images, and orgami paper
I'm stringing surplus seed beads and then stringing them on the gutiar the usual way.
I'm giving this guitar to add to a collection of wonderfuly funky painted and altered guitars at my favorite local coffee shop, Molten Java - located in Bethel, CT. Stop in for their in house roasted coffee if you're in the area, all fair trade beans! DELICIOUS!
I am starting my next guitar already - a commission for a friend's husband's birthday - she's stealing some old flyers from his shows and we're going to scan and shrink them to add to the decorative elements I have in store.
Stay tuned for more guitars!
I'm also gearing up for the onslaught of craft fairs and hoping to have enough inventory in time to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...