Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

BTW


A pile of sorters in front of one of my inspiration boards,
again, piles of stuff hanging around needing to be
photographed individually.
Not a lot going on up in the studio this week, I've been torn between family stuff and out at estate sales, I'm also in a semi-holding pattern because I have a bunch of stuff that needs to be posted, and I need to get my act together to photograph them.

I'm also looking into craft fairs coming up, I almost feel like I have "too much" to post online. 

My plans this weekend is to hit a bunch of sales on Saturday and to devote Sunday to photographing my current stockpile of beauties and posting on Etsy.

I think I need to clean up what is hanging around my table before I can get back to making new things - I'm not feeling very motivated.  Partially it's because I have so much on my mind as far as household projects.  I have closets to clean out, big bags to donate to Goodwill, and I'm planning on painting the living room and building "built in" shelves in there.

Our whole house could use a solid decluttering.  As does my mind...I read somewhere once that there was some kind of symbolic gesture in cleaning out the "old" to make way for the new.  I need to do that not only in my studio but in my "real" life as well. 

In the mean time, once I buy shelving material and paint I can let myself get some serious beadshopping done, I have seen some really cool beads on other people's blogs that have made me catch my breath and want to use them as focals or incorporate them in a cascade.  I can't wait to have that extra cash!  I guess I could tap into my "estate/tag sale - thrift store" stash, but that's a small enough stash to begin with. I think the main reason why I even hope to sell any jewelry is so I can flip that cash to buy MORE BEADS! But hey, isn't that the norm? Ha!

Sad pile of rejects - either air bubbles or just general dislike.  Even the
weird sea angel is sad to hold this bowl of uglies.









Resin drying in pendants - I really love that cricket cage/butterfly paper
and the white/blue flowers on the green background.









A bunch of cascade pendants are hanging
around waiting to be photographed for Etsy


1 comment:

  1. I think I know what you mean... Sometimes when my house is cluttered, I feel like I can't think till everything is organized.

    Thanks for becoming a follower at SixBalloons!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...