Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Neighborhood Tag Sale

My family lives on a cul-de-sac off a main road in our town - it's a busy road, but our street is pretty quiet.  It's also probably one of the safest in town considering we have a policeman living next door and about four volunteer firemen on the street.

One of the ladies on the block decided it would be fun if we all had tag sales the same day, five families participated.



I had done a major purge not too long ago so I didn't have a whole lot to sell -- we did have some weird stuff: a karaoke machine, a banjo, two remote control "hoopty" cars - and some of that went.  I don't know if it was a good idea for me to demonstrate the karaoke machine for hours and hours, but it was sure fun.

I was making so much noise singing along to my iPod,  Randy and the boys decided to get in on the act and since Randy and I have a gig coming up at the end of October, we figured we could kill two birds with one stone and practice our set list and demonstrate the karaoke machine at the same time.
Tyler on bass, Randy on guitar, Ryan on guitar - Laura in the shade trying
to stave off a nasty sunburn (unsuccessfully)


We sold the banjo for less than we originally wanted, but we were okay with it because it was bought by an 18 year old girl who really wanted to learn.  We threw in a bunch of the banjo-finger-picks that we picked up at the Music Teacher Estate Sale a few months ago.

At one point I took out one of the scooters so I could cruise around the street to see what my neighbors were selling.  The folks across the street were selling a ton of tools and a motorcycle lift and other super butch stuff.  One of the families had a ton of little-kid stuff they were selling.  Their daughters set up a cookie/lemonade stand so of COURSE I patronized them.  But then I struck gold:

I had the wrong scooter - the one that DIDN'T have the milk crate strapped to the back and I didn't trust myself to get these home safely, so I left them at my neighbors after she put them aside and before I could go back, she delivered them (and she wanted to see if I had any jadeite, which I don't, but wish I did!)

How cute are these?? These have been in the dishwasher a LOT, but I still think they're cute and am probably going to use them in my craft room rather than cook in them.  Even so, LIDS! I have such a hard time finding Pyrex around here with lids.

I also picked up these:
Snowflake Divided Dish with lid, two Colonial Mist Cinderella
Round Bake Dishes
















Snowflake Blue Mixing Bowl



















And on the beading front, I went to a gem/mineral/jewelry show and wasn't blown away by the bead offerings (mostly chips or seriously overpriced) but I did fall in love with this Geode pendant.  I am already trying to think of how I want to work this one.
I'm thinking hematite crystals and maybe some purple

















I'm linking up with Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I see, your Goodwills get all the Pyrex and mine get all the lids. Seriously, I've got a stack of various casserole lids. Let me know what you need and maybe we can work out a trade. It won't cost much to send them across our tiny state.
    vintagespinster at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that pendant! Great find :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...